Monday, September 20, 2010

A Free Verse Poem

This is what I would rather do instead of homework.


The clock slowly tick tick ticks as the hours pass unnoticed.
The light flows through the curtains.
It changes and casts long shadows on the floor.
They stretch. They are long. The clock tick tick ticks
My face warms in the golden red of the sunset as it filters through the curtains
The leaves, carried by the breeze, waft through the window and settle on the floor
It is covered with them.
The breeze is cool as it caresses my face. It floods across the floor and swirls in my hair.
I smile.
I sigh.
I sink deeper into the down cushion.
My eyes droop.
My back relaxes.
Tension is carried away as the leaves skip over my feet.
Fresh air fills my lungs and expels all
I sleep.
The clock ticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment